I was so excited by the fact that last Monday was National Nutella Day that I completely forgot to Music Monday. That being said, I thought I’d go a little bit extra this week to make up for it. I involved some of my friends for this one. I sent around a text asking for some happy love songs, and some single lady songs. After all, this coming Wednesday is the happy pink and red holiday we all know and love.
This week, instead of a single song, or a single artist, I’m bringing you not one but TWO playlists to check out. I’ve got them on my Spotify, so if you like you can go and follow them over there. Or, for those of you without Spotify, I have listed each playlist below. With a little help from my girlfriends, I compiled two lists of favourites. I have called these Oh My Valentine’s Day and Oh My Galentine’s Day. I will sit here, eating my cinnamon hearts and playing one of these two playlists on Wednesday. Which will you listen to?
They’re both 20 songs full at this particular moment, but feel free to share your Val or Gal loves and I’ll add them to the Spotify playlist! Here they are listed out – in no particular order of course.
OH MY VALENTINE’S DAY
1. The Beatles – I’ve Just Seen A Face
2. Phillip Phillips – Dance With Me
3. Corey Kent White – She Ain’t Perfect
4. Lonestar – Amazed
5. Colbie Caillat – Bubbly
6. Russell Dickerson – Yours
7. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
8. Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
9. John Mayer – Your Body Is A Wonderland
10. Elton John – Your Song
11. James Blunt – You’re Beautiful
12. Rascal Flatts – Bless The Broken Road
13. Coldplay – Yellow
14. Boyzone – When You Say Nothing At All
15. McFly – All About You
16. Shania Twain – You’re Still The One
17. *NSync – This I Promise You
18. Lanco – Greatest Love Story
19. Thomas Rhett – Die A Happy Man
20. Florida Georgia Line – H.O.L.Y.
OH MY GALENTINE’S DAY
1. Beyonce – Single Ladies
2. Pink – So What
3. Little Mix – Shout Out To My Ex
4. Beyonce – Run The World (Girls)
5. Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone
6. Icona Pop – I Love It
7. Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)
8. Hailee Steinfeld – Love Myself
9. Dua Lipa – New Rules
10. Taylor Swift – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
11. Carrie Underwood – Before He Cheats
12. Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like A Woman
13. TLC – No Scrubs
14. Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
15. Fergie – Big Girls Don’t Cry
16. Marina and the Diamonds – How To Be A Heartbreaker
17. Adele – Rumour Has It
18. Jason Derulo – Ridin’ Solo
19. Shania Twain – That Don’t Impress Me Much
20. The Band Perry – Done
I hope you enjoy these lists as much as I do. Some of them as just classics that had to be included. Others are newer songs that I believe will become classics in the future.
I’m off to eat more of my cinnamon hearts. Please don’t judge me.